Home > Products/Services > Identity Theft > Plan Highlights
If Your Identity Is Stolen, Do You Know What To Do?
ID Theft Assist is one of the most comprehensive identity recovery services on the market. With one phone call, an identity theft victim can save hours of time by letting our representatives use their knowledge and experience to act as our subscriber’s advocate.
ID Theft Assist attends to each part of the recovery process and guide you through the web of procedures that must be completed to recover from identity theft.
Proactive & Pre-incident Components
- Three repository bureau Credit Monitoring service, including credit report and score (for primary covered member only).
- Notice given when a change appears on their credit file and instruct how to receive detail on the change.
- 24/7 access to credit report and score.
- Toll Free Customer Support Line for technical assistance or general credit-related questions
- Access to Internet Educational Tools and Articles
Getting the Facts
- Provide unlimited 24/7 telephone access so we're there when you need us
- Complete and initial needs assessment with you to determine if a fraud or theft has occurred
- Capture all necessary information to act immediately on your behalf
- Provide ID Theft Action Kit to explain all the steps ID Theft Assist have taken to recover your identity
- Help you fill out and submit an ID Theft Affidavit on your behalf to the proper authorities, credit bureaus, and creditors.
- Report your ID theft to the Federal Trade Commission
- Notify Postal Inspector
- File a criminal report and forward it to creditors and the Social Security Administration
Restoring Your Good Credit
- Notify all three major credit reporting agencies of the ID theft
- Help you place a "Fraud Alert" on your credit report
- Cancel and replace checks, ATM, and credit cards
- Review "real-time" credit report with you and identify any fraudulent accounts of activity
- Help you create a list of creditors that need to be contacted
- Contact creditors with itemized fraudulent account statements for each fraudulent occurence
Free Legal Consultation
- Free initial legal consultation to help you determine the best legal action to take against creditors if they are not cooperative in removing fraudulent entries from your credit report
- Perform legal document review
- Draft a victim impact statement if your identity thief is apprehended and stands trial
- Provide discounts within our nationwide attorney network for additional legal work you may require
26 Languages Spoken
- If your identity theft occurs away from home, we can provide you with an emergency cash advance when necessary
- Provide translators if you are traveling internationally and need help communicating with local law enforcement
- Provide translators if you are not a fluent English speaker
- Provide 24/7 unlimited telephone access to Master's level consultants to help you work through the stress and anxiety caused by identity theft
- Assistance provided for non-financial ID theft issues such as medical, criminal, and employment fraud.
- Teach you how to avoid further occurrences of identity theft
- Provide advice for ancillary problems, such as giving you the information you need to relace your personal documents, like your Social Security card or driver's license
- Arrange access for up to three in-person sessions with a professional in our national network of behavioral specialists to help you deal with any emotional trauma you experience as a result of identity theft